The Bank of Ukraine has prepared excellent news for the bank’s customers and users of the “Diia” application - from 1st of December banks will be able to use “Diia” to identify customers. Thus, the Bank of Ukraine updates the operation of customers with banks.
From December 1, 2020, banks will be able to use a digital passport or a foreign digital passport in the “Action” mobile application to perform cash transactions to identify and verify the client or his representative.
We pay attention to how the new method of client identification and verification will take place:
- the bank will offer the potential client to identify in “Actions” through the BankID System of the NBU;
- after successful identification, the client will have digital documents displayed in accordance with the data contained in state registers;
- the bank will receive customer data through secure channels and additionally carry out its photofixation by the method of recognizing the identity of the person;
- after that the client will be able to use the bank’s services.
In addition, similarly, the client will be able to share a copy of a digital passport or digital passport at a bank branch.
Advantages of this method:
- ease of use;
- reliability for banks - such identification data are obtained from a reliable source;
- digitalization of processes and acceleration of bank customer service.
Resolution of the Board of the National Bank of Ukraine of November as of November 23, 2020 No. 148 “On approval of Amendments to the Instruction on conducting cash operations by banks in Ukraine”, will enter into force on 1st of December 2020.
Iryna Hula - lawyer @“Dynasty Law & Investment”.