On November 26, 2020, the Law of Ukraine “On Amendments to Subparagraph 2 of Clause 5 of Section II “Final Provisions” of the Law of Ukraine “On Amendments to the Law of Ukraine “On the State Budget of Ukraine for 2020”, which provides for one-time financial assistance to individuals entrepreneurs who will be forced to stop their activities due to the introduction of quarantine. A one-time payment of unemployment benefits is made - within the funds provided for this by the Fund’s budget for the current year.
To receive this material support, you must apply to the institution of the state employment service, which shall be considered no later than 10 working days. One can also receive financial assistance in a more modern way, through the application in the smartphone “Diya”, in which there is an opportunity where to submit an application, which is also processed and a decision is made on it regarding the provision of a one-time unemployment benefit to entrepreneurs. This Law, in particular, still removes restrictions on financing by the Social
Insurance Fund of Ukraine during the quarantine period:
- a one-time insurance payment in the event of permanent disability or death of an
injured person at work;
- special medical and permanent outside care, consumer services, in particular, for
persons with disabilities;
- spa treatment for injured persons, persons with disabilities;
- rehabilitation treatment for persons working after illnesses and injuries which they suffered from.
We can recall that in April 2020, the Social Insurance Fund suspended financing of the above-said items of expenditure.
- Gula Iryna , lawyer @ “Dynasty Law & Investment”.